Looking for a gift to make your dad for Father’s Day? Well, you are in luck. Here is a great craft that you can personalize with photos of your children and it will only cost you $8.97 to make. Plus, if you want to personalize it further you can add wooden die-cuts with things that reflect your father’s hobbies such as grilling, golf, fishing, etc.
YOU WILL NEEDPurchased:
Wooden Letters – $2.99 each at JoAnn Fabrics – You will want letters that are thick enough to stand up on their own.
Items I Already Had Around the House:
1. Paint your letters with the acrylic paint. Make sure to get both the inside and outside edges as well. You will need to apply two coats, letting each dry completely.
2. Once dry, apply a coat of Mod Podge over each letter.
3. Once the Mod Podge has dried clear, use your Gorilla Glue to glue your letters together placing the A to the front of the two Ds.
4. If there is any glue showing after it dries, lightly use your brush to paint over and cover any spots.
5. Use your ruler and measure the opening in the center of your D.
6. Print out two family photos that will fit into these openings.
7. Adjust your photos to fit and then tape them to the back of your letters.
8. Once you have taped in your photos your frame is ready to go!
Want to see all of Saver Savvy’s DIY Projects? Check them out now on Pinterest!
BOGO: Buy One Get One
ECB: Extra Care Bucks (CVS)
GM: General Mills Insert
PG: Proctor & Gamble Insert
RP: Red Plum Insert
RR: Register Rewards (Walgreens)
SS: Smart Source Insert
WCB: Walgreens Coupon Book
WIVC: Walgreens Instant Value Coupon (found in Sunday insert)
WYB: When You Buy
WYS: When You Spend